Jump to recipe
I love a good grilled cheese. Gooey and rich. And I love creating new recipes with thanksgiving leftovers. Soup-done that, casserole-done that, leftover Thanksgiving meal- totally done that. So this year’s recipe is a riff on an episode from Friends years ago. The Moist Maker sandwich. Here’s an affiliate link to check out the book with all the recipes from Friends for yourself.
Anyway back to our version. We added cheese and didn’t soak the middle slice of bread in gravy. There is no middle slice of bread. Our cranberry sauce is super tart so it’s perfect with the mustard. Check it out. Make a moist maker for yourself this year!
Yes it's a huge sandwich, split it with someone, you'll feel better.
The spices on the outside of the bread make this sandwich amazing.
- 1 slices sourdough bread
- Sauce Goddess Sweet Heat seasoning
- leftover turkey
- leftover dressing (stuffing)
- leftover cranberry sauce
- leftover gravy
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (or provolone)
- grainy dijon mustard
- optional- mayo
- Open the slices of bread so you can load both sides at once.
- Spread mustard on both sides.
- On one side add 2 slices of cheese, then turkey, then gravy.
- One the other side spread cranberry sauce/relish, then dressing.
- Press the dressing gently into the cranberry mustard combo and carefully flip over on top of the other half.
- Butter the bread and sprinkle Sweet Heat spices on the butter.
- Place in a skillet butter side down on medium heat.
- Butter the top side and add spices.
- Cook until golden brown and enjoy.