This recipe for egg bites is basically little tiny frittatas you can serve easily at a party or cut into larger bar size (shown in this picture) for a brunch serving. They are delicious hot or cold and great as leftover breakfast-on-the-go.
We recommend a particular glass pan and a skillet we LOVE that we use in this post. We may be paid for this recommendation.
This appetizer bar is perfect for a holiday party with the red and green peppers. Or a party or brunch anytime. It's slightly spicy. Feel free to adjust the amount of Latin Heat to vary the heat level.
Substitute 1/4 cup of corn meal for 1/4 cup flour.
Substitute 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt for milk.
Substitute 4 egg white plus 3 whole eggs for the 6 whole eggs.
Substitute any 3 cups of cooked veggies(diced small).
- 4 T Butter
- 4 T Light olive oil
- 6 Eggs, large, beaten
- 1 cup Milk, whole or 2%
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 T Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Spice Rub
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cup Shredded cheese, cheddar or jack cheese
- 2 Bell peppers (one green, one red) diced medium
- 1/2 cup Small onion minced
- 1/2 cup Corn (drained/defrosted/or fresh)-optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute the peppers and onions in 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add 1 tsp of Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Spice Rub and corn.
- Remove from the heat and place in a large bowl to cool.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and remaining Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Spice Rub.
- Add shredded cheese to dry mixture. Stir to coat the cheese.
- Melt butter and oil in 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking pan. Remove from oven when melted. Doing this will create a buttery crust on the eggs.
- Mix eggs, milk and cooked veggies. Pour carefully into hot pan and return to the oven.
- The melted butter will rise up over the edges a bit as you pour the mixture in.
- Use a spatula and gently move the egg mixture down into the corners
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.