A friend of mine gave me a recipe to make these years ago. Of course we had to make it with Sauce Goddess. There are 3 of our spice rubs and would be good for something like this. Jamaican Jerk, BBQ Sweet Heat and Moroccan Twist. Latin Heat also might be good, but those 3 for sure.
There are a couple of links in this post where we recommend items we use and we might be paid for that recommendation.
Category Appetizers and Snacks
You can make these spices nuts very spicy nuts if you want to by using Habenero ghost pepper powder.
Great anytime snack.
- 1 lb pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Sauce Goddess Latin Heat or Moroccan Twist
- Preheat the oven to 225.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk the egg and water.
- Add sugar and spices and whisk until fluffy and stiff peaks (looks like mountains when you remove the beater).
- Pour mixture over the nuts.
- Stir to coat each and every nut.
- Pour onto a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 225, stirring every 15 minutes until the nuts are crunchy.