Jump to recipe
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.
Gravy is one of those foods that makes us think of holidays, taking us back to our childhood perhaps. For me, I have worked on the perfect gravy recipe for years. Now that my sister has to eat gluten-free, we make it with corn starch. It’s actually much easier than making a roux and developing flavor that way.
So we have the easy rich turkey gravy recipe for you. Rich and luscious and full of turkey flavor. We use pan drippings from the roasting pan to enhance the chicken stock (not broth). We recommend using the stock because it has a more intense rich flavor than broth.
Special note for you, you can use vegetable stock and dripping from roasting veggies and create a vegan alternative for this gravy recipe.
There are a lot of options available for this easy-to-make gravy recipe.
You can also make this gravy in a sauce pan and add the drippings to the finished gravy.
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 16-20 oz chicken stock
- 1 tsp Big Tom's Roasting Rub and Brine spices
- 1 tsp Super Chunk Steakhouse
- 1 Tbsp butter
- pann drippings
- Place 2 Tbsp corn starch in a jar.
- Add chicken stock to the top of the jar.
- Place the lid on and shaker it well until all the corn starch is dissolved.
- Add this liquid to the pan with the drippings.
- Loosen the drippings from the pan and add remaining chicken stock.
- Add butter.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to bubble and thicken.
- Season with Big Tom's and Steakhouse spices.