Why buy cranberries in a can with all that sugar when you can make this sugar free cranberry sauce spiced with our Moroccan Twist seasoning it’s the perfect condiment for a rich meal like those at
With a rich meal, something tart creates a contrast. The additional of the Moroccan Twist seasoning to this dish brings so much flavor with cinnamon, cardamon and allspice. It makes it a real star on the table.
If you prefer your cranberry sauce on the sweeter side, you can add sugar or honey to taste. I would add it when you add the dried fruit.
- 1 lb bag of cranberries
- 3 cups citrus, we like sweet tangerines or oranges the best
- 1Tbsp Moroccan Twist seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, cranberries or cherries ( you can add more if you like)
- Slice citrus in half.
- Place fresh cranberries in the pot big enough to hold everything.
- Add sliced fruit, spices and water.
- Simmer until the cranberries start to pop.
- Place the lid on the pan and continue cooking on low until they are all open and the mixtures resembles a chunky sauce. NOTE-You may need to add a little bit more water if your fruit is not juicy.
- Turn off the heat and carefully remove the tangerines.
- Add the dried fruit and stir to combine. This fruit is plump up and absorb any extra liquid remaining.