Jump to recipe
This post can contain Amazon affiliate links.
Looking to add some excitement to your grilled cheese sandwich? We’ve brought spicy to a new level by layering on the heat in multiple ways in this Fuego Melt grilled cheese.
Total transparency here, this is not our recipe. It is a Sauce Goddess version of a recipe we had years ago at a restaurant called The Liars Club in Mission Beach.
This amazing grilled cheese Fuego Melt sandwich will change your life.
You simply must make this sandwich!
You can substitute peppers without as much spice and it's still a fantastic sandwich.
- 4 slices sourdough bread (or your favorite bread, gluten free is just fine)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp mayonaise
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 lb flank steak (or flap meat), sliced thin
- olive oil for cooking
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thin
- 2 serranos, sliced thin
- 1 habanero, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Sweet Heat spices
- 1 green chile sliced
- Season the slices of meat with 1 Tbsp Sweet Heat. Set aside.
- Slice the peppers into think slices and chop into small bites if you like.
- Sauté the peppers. Be careful it's going to be spicy in the air.
- Set peppers aside.
- Cook the meat in the same pan with all the spicy pepper juice in there.
- Slice the meat into bite sized pieces.
- Butter the bread on one side.
- Sprinkle Sweet Heat spices on the butter.
- Place 2 slices butter side down in a skillet.
- Slather mayo on the bread.
- Add 2 slices of cheese per sandwich.
- Pile on the sliced meat.
- Pile on the sliced peppers.
- Add 2 more slices of cheese.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread.
- Grill until golden brown and delicious.
The result is a flavor explosion in your mouth that will leave you craving more. The steak, the peppers and that melty cheese.
Not only is this spicy grilled cheese delicious, it’s also incredibly easy to make. It’s the perfect meal for a lazy day at home or a quick lunch on the go.