Jump to recipe
We love Mexican-inspired flavors here in the southwest. Combine delicious leftover turkey or chicken with fresh veggies, corn tortillas and Latin Heat seasoning and you have an amazing meal. Make this for gameday, a house party or just a nice dinner with friends or family. It make s a lot so bring your appetite.
This recipe is perfect for leftover turkey or chicken.
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups kale (or other greens)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Seasoning
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth (made from your turkey carcass or packaged)
- 1 cup corn tortillas diced into 1" squares (also great with the tortilla chip crumbs)
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1 cup corn (frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 can black beans, drained well
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Fresh cilantro chopped to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot sauté veggies (first 5 items) for 5-10 minutes on medium/low in olive oil and Latin Heat.
- Add broth and tortillas.
- Simmer on medium for 30 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Add turkey, beans and corn.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve steaming hot with a garnish of fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime