Post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links.
Every year our family makes prime rib for Christmas. Every year it seems we have tried to perfect it, and make it more delicious than the year before. Then we combined rosemary with Super Chunk Steakhouse.
It really created a delicious crunchy texture on the outside. We all loved it. Then Big Tom’s Roasting Rub and Brine spices entered the picture. The combination of these two spice blends is perfect for prime rib.
So now every year we leave the prime rib recipe alone and work on the sides and desserts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have over the years.
Prime rib is a holiday classic. Using our Super Chunk Steakhouse spice blend makes it even better than the ordinary roast.
- 4.5 lbs.standing rib roast, 2 ribs
- 1 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Super Chunk Steakhouse Spice Rub
- 1 tsp rosemary, ground into a spice
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (canola oil works okay too)
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly cover the meat with oil. Rub all over with spice rub blend. Place on a rack and bake for 20 minutes at 450. This will form a crust.
- Reduce oven temp to 250 and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the temp is 140.
- Wrap in foil and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with 1 can of beef broth and serve au jus with ribs.