A healthy and flexible chili recipe that will take your spice level up a notch while appealing to gluten free and vegan family and friends.
- 8 oz or 2 large chicken thighs-boneless skinless, chopped into 1” cubes
- 8 oz of Tofu crumbles (see master recipe for how to make)
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 pasilla pepper (you can substitute 2 green chili peppers or one bell pepper), diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 small Serrano pepper, minced-seeds and veins removed (if you don't like it hot, don't add)
- 12 oz can of cooked black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 12 oz can of diced tomatoes, no salt or seasoning added
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Rub seasoning
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup of Sauce Goddess Big and Tangy Sauce
- chopped green onions for garnish
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of Sauce Goddess Latin Heat seasoning over protein and toss to combine, coating all. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Add onions and peppers and saute until barely softened.
- Add protein to pan and cook until chicken is cooked on the outside. If you are using Tofu, no need to cook it (it will cook further with the ingredients in step 4).
- Add tomatoes, Sauce Goddess Big Tangy Steak Sauce, beans and remaining Latin Heat. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer 10 minutes and taste. Adjust heat up by adding more Latin Heat seasoning.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy.