A healthy chili recipe that will take your spice level up a notch while appealing to gluten free and vegan family and friends.
A healthy and flexible chili recipe that will take your spice level up a notch while appealing to gluten free and vegan family and friends.
This master recipe is vegan. It is also perfect for adding more protein for the meat lovers in your life. Leftover chicken or turkey, pulled pork (unsauced) or tofu crumbles are all delicious options.
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 pasilla pepper (or poblano or bell pepper, or 2 green chili peppers), diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 small Serrano pepper, minced-seeds and veins removed (if you don't like it hot, don't add)
- 1 cup of corn (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 12 oz can of cooked black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 12 oz can of diced tomatoes, no salt or seasoning added
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Latin Heat Rub seasoning
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup of Sauce Goddess Big and Tangy Sauce
- optional garnish-chopped green onions, lime wedges, cheese or sour cream
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of Sauce Goddess Latin Heat seasoning over protein and toss to combine, coating all. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Add onions and peppers and saute until barely softened.
- Add broth.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Big & Tangy Sauce, beans, corn and remaining Latin Heat. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer 20 minutes and taste. Adjust heat up by adding more Latin Heat seasoning.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy.