What better way to celebrate spooky season than with Caramel Apples? Made even more delicious with a lil’ heat from our Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Spice Rub this Halloween classic is made even better with a hint of spice! Fall into Autumn with this treat, no tricks here!
Cuisine American Category Sweets, Fruit and Desserts
Fall into Autumn with this Halloween classic treat!
These are super sticky gooey and delicious with the salty spicy of Sweet Heat and rich caramel flavor on a crisp apple. Just fabulous.
- 5 apples
- 5 skewers
- 1 lb of caramel candies
- Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Spice Rub
- 2 Tbsp water
- Insert skewers into apple center
- Boil water in a medium pot
- Add caramels and 2 tablespoons of water to a bowl, either metal or glass
- Once boiled, place a bowl containing the caramels over the boiling water
- Stir until consistency is smooth
- Shake a good amount of Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Spice Rub into a seperate bowl
- Holding by the skewer, gently roll apples in the caramel so the skin is coated
- Dip and roll the apple gently into the Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat Spice Rub
- Set on parchment paper to harden