This is a recipe I have been making for years when I entertain. Sometimes I use ground lamb. Because not everyone likes lamb, I usually use ground turkey. It’s flavorful and light and not spicy. The dried apricots are easy to find here.
This recipe is tried and true and perfect for holiday parties or even brunch. Use a slow cooker to keep the meatballs warm with the sauce if you don't want to have a dipping bowl.
3 meat balls
1 hour, 15 minutes
Meat on a stick with a nice tangy sauce is the perfect party food.
- Olive oil
- 1 lb gound turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 1/4 minced dried apricots
- 1 cup Apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Moroccan Twist seasoning
- Mince the onions.
- Add olive oil to a saute pan and cook until barely tender.
- Add minced Apricot and 1 Tbsp Moroccan Twist seasoning.
- Cook until both are completely cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- Grease a sheet pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor.
- Whisk the egg.
- Add oats and eggs to ground meat.
- Add cooled onions.
- Combine with your hands gently until everything is mixed.
- Wet your hands slightly and take a small pinch of meat smaller than a golf ball size.
- Roll in between your hands to form a ball.
- Place on the sheet pan and repeat.
- Back to 10 minutes.
- Combine Apricot preserves with 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar. in a small pot.
- Heat on warm.
- When meatballs are done serve on the stick with the dipping sauce.