Known as the breakfast on BBQ competition mornings, it's perfect for a group with a good appetite. When made with ground turkey it's known as the "skinny fatty". No matter what meat you choose it's super delicious.
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey (can substitute sausage or ground beef)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, jack whatever you like)
- 1 lb of bacon slices
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Heat seasoning
- 1/2 cup Sweet & Tangy Marinade and Mop sauce
- Preheat the oven or smoker on 250 degrees.
- Add seasoning to ground turkey.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Spread out the ground turkey into a square about 8-9".
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Drizzle half the sauce over the cheese.
- Roll up into a 9" tube. Should be about 4" around.
- Press the ends closed to seal in the cheese.
- Again, on plastic wrap lay half the bacon side by side.
- Place the other half of the slices across the first set, alternating top and bottom to create a lattice with the bacon slices.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the meat roll and place it on the bacon lattice.
- Use the wrap to help close up the entire BBQ bacon fatty.
- Bake for 1 hour at 250. Or feel free to use your smoker.
- Baste with sauce once the bacon has begun to get crispy.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure it's 165.
- Slice and enjoy!