This recipe for roasted corn chowder uses one of our most unique dry rub seasonings. The taste of the seasoned veggies and broth is amazing.
A great way to twist up your traditional corn chowder recipe is to add a little Sauce Goddess Moroccan Twist. When the temperature starts to drop there is nothing better than a warm bowl of chowder.
The squeeze of lime at the end really brightens this chowder and adds a delicious twist.
- 4 ears of corn roasted (may substitute 2 cups defrosted, liquid removed)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Moroccan Twist Rub
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 cups Coconut milk (in the carton) (or almond, cashew or soy milk)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Garnish options - diced red pepper and scallions, squeeze of lime, or diced cilantro.
- Turn grill or grill pan to medium high heat (or around 350 degrees).
- Roast corn until all sides are brown and corn looks golden. This may take as long as 20 minutes, so you have time to prep the rest of the dish.
- Heat dutch oven on low heat. Add oil, onions and peppers.
- Cook onion on low for 5-6 minutes until no longer hard then add garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Moroccan Twist Rub and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, veggie broth, and 1/2 cup of the water.
- Remove kernels from corn. Try to keep as much of the corn juices as possible. Add to pot and continue cooking on low for 10 minutes.
- Taste the chowder and check thickness. Here is where you can adjust by adding more water, salt, Moroccan rub, or whatever you think it needs.
- Remove 2 cups of chowder and use an immersion blender briefly to partially puree the soup.
- Top with scallions or cilantro for a garnish. Squeeze a little lime and enjoy.