Looking for ways to spice up burgers on the grill? This recipe creates a southwest flavor flair using fresh vegetables and a splash of Sauce Goddess Latin Heat.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp Latin Heat Spice Rub
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- oil to coat the burger
- 4 buns
- 4 slices cheese, pepper jack is nice with this burger
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 beer
- Mix Latin Heat and grated cheese with ground turkey.
- Form into patties.
- Oil both sides and place into your freezer for 30 minutes, flipping once so both sides freeze the same.
While the burgers are freezing...
- In a saute pan, place 1 Tbsp oil, onions and peppers and cook 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add beer along with Latin Heat and continue to cool until soft.
- Butter and toast buns if you like.
- Slice avocado and get everything ready to build the burger.
- Heat your grill on high.
- Remove burgers from the freezer, add more oil to prevent sticking as needed.
- Grill until cooked throughout.
- Top with cheese, let it melt and remove from grill.
- Top the bun with the burger, then add pepper, onion and avocado toppings.