Great way to get more delicious cauliflower in your meals!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Sauce Goddess Super Chuck Steakhouse Seasoning (the more the better)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of salted cashew butter
- Fresh rosemary (at least 2 teaspoons)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ of a sweet onion, diced
- 1-2 tsp Sauce Goddess Super Chunk Steakhouse Seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoon of minced garlic
- ? cup vegetable stock
- 2 ½ tablespoons of flour (or gluten free alternative flour)
- Slice cauliflower in half, then from each half slice out from center, (about 1 inch thick) to create “steaks”. Any florets can be used later as mock “wings” with BBQ sauce.
- For Grilling:
- Coat steaks in olive oil and leave to grill on medium heat.
- Shake Sauce Goddess Super Chunk Seasoning over cauliflower to give it an extra kick of flavor as it cooks.
- Cook until golden and the cauliflower feels softened when poked with a fork.
- Flip accordingly to achieve an even cook.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt cashew butter. Once it’s beginning to liquify, add fresh rosemary for flavor. Should become quite fragrant quickly.
- Add sliced mushrooms and onions, cook until they begin to soften.
- Add Sauce Goddess Super Chunk Steakhouse Seasoning. Add as much as you dare for an extra flavorful punch!
- Once the mushrooms and onions are beginning to cook through, add the minced garlic and stir in.
- Once the mushrooms, onion and garlic seem cooked through (but not browning), turn down the heat to low, gently add the flour and stir in so everything has a light coating.
- After being coated in the flower and stirred for at least 30 seconds, slowly add the vegetable stock and stir.
- Allow mixture to simmer until it thickens and begins to bubble. If you can stick a spoon in, run a finger over the gravy on the spoon and leave a clean line, it’s done and ready to be served!
This hearty vegan comfort meal is delicious even for the biggest meat eaters! Perfect for cozy colder evenings, as a meat alternative at holidays, and a quick cook time for lazy days after working. Cauliflower is a healthy dish that can be used in so many ways from steaks to mock wings! Mushroom Gravy alone is also delicious served over fresh biscuits for breakfast, as a side for meat dishes at gatherings and generally as a dairy-free lite twist on a classic side dish.