Jump to recipe
In our family, we love our brussels sprouts. We make them better of course with a bit of bacon. I’m going to mention a couple of specific tools I like to use (affiliate links provided) in this recipe. Tools are an important way to improve your cooking. Better tools make the work easier.
Specifically, the Scan Pan saute pan. I have used this pan for decades, seriously. I LOVE it. You will too.
This recipe goes from stovetop to oven, so be ready with your oven-safe pan.
Roasting the brussel sprouts caramelizes the outside and provides a sweet nutty flavor. The bacon adds that salty crunch. It's a perfect side dish to any meal. Or maybe even a main dish.
Note-This can also be done in the sauté pan without using the oven. You have to have a pan with a lid. Use Medium heat, with the lid on. Toss them every 5 minutes or so. All sides can brown.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half.
- Place bacon in an oven-safe sauté pan.
- Cook the bacon slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add Brussel sprouts and the olive oil.
- Toss together.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss again.
- Add Sweet Heat seasoning.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.