Cuisine Caribbean Category Appetizers and Snacks Beef, Pork and Lamb
This fiery Jamaican Jerk pork belly recipe is a fun appetizer for parties and tailgating for the game.
3 hours, 15 minutes
Any of our spices are great for this recipes, but the Jerk spices or Moroccan spices pair the best with the Apricot dipping sauce.
- 1 lb pork belly (skin removed), chunk into 1-2" chunks
- 2 Tbsp light oil for cooking
- 3Tbsp Sauce Goddess Fiery Jamaican Jerk spices
- 1 cup Apricot jam or jelly
- Season the chunks of pork belly with 1 Tbsp of jerk spices.
- Heat oil on medium in an oven safe pan.
- Brown the pieces of meat on the stovetop. Don't crowd the meat, you may need to do this in multiple batches.
- Once all the meat is browned, return it to the pan.
- Sprinkle another 1 Tbsp of jerk spices. Stir to combine.
- Cover and place in a 300 degree oven.
- Cook for one hour covered.
- Remove the lid, stir to basting with the juices (and fat and spices).
- Return to the oven and cook UNcovered for another hour or until the pieces are tender and almost half the size.
- Remove al the meat for the pan and place on a platter.
- Dust with 1 tsp Sauce Goddess Fiery Jamaican Jerk spices
- 1 cup Apricot jam
- 2 tsp Jerk spices
- Mix together. Serve.