This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links.
I know healthier queso seems like some strange oxymoron. Well kinda. We like queso and we’re trying to bring it into our lives every now and then in a healthier format.
So here’s the cheesy gooey queso that use can use for our Nacho Bar.
We’re using real cheese of course, because real is what we do after all. But we’re kind of mixing it up a bit with Turkey Chorizo Sausage and chicken stock instead of cream to make the cheese sauce. It’s delish and super flavorful.
If you have any remaining, this can be refrigerated for several days. It will harden up if refrigerated so a slow warm-up works best.
- 1/2 lb of Turkey Chorizo Sausage
- 1 can diced roasted tomatoes with the liquid
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3-4 cups of cheddar jack cheese (grated fine)
- 2 Tbsp Latin Heat seasoning
- Brown the sausage in a pan.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Add chicken stock and Latin Heat.
- Stir to combine.
- Add cheese, one handful at a time, until you have the cheesy consistency you want.