This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.
This recipe for a simple side salad answers the question of what to have for a side dish with brunch. A side salad is a great way to lighten up a rich meal.
We like a salad dressing that is 50/50 oil and vinegar instead of the usual 65/35 ratio with more oil. This recipe is simple and you can sure add you own additional items. Don’t go to crazy, it’s supposed to be a side to the main star of the show. Make sure it compliments the other items you are servings and doesn’t overwhelm them.
This is so simple and the dressing is the star for sure.
Optional additions could be sliced carrots, cucumber or celery.
- 6 cups loose lettuce leaves (romaine, spring mix, spinach, arugula)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (or lemon juice, wine vinegar or white balsamic)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (use the good stuff here)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard (or spice brown or whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp Sauce Goddess Steakhouse spice
- Combine the lettuce and tomato in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar to make your dressing.
- Place the lid on and shake until completely combined.
- Pour over the greens and serve.