Jump to recipe
Cuisine American Category Vegetarian and Vegan
A delicious, healthy treat to impress any guests! Perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, and any brunch.
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
Feel free to alter by adding additional ingredients, such as bacon, prosciutto, or additional vegetables. If you would prefer a more traditional and fuller quiche, double the egg, milk, heavy cream, and Super Chunk mixture and all the vegetables and goat cheese at once before baking.
- 3/4 cup all purpose or gluten free flour (plus a few extra teaspoons for managing the dough)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 2 Tbsp of cold water
- 1 cup broccoli chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 sliced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- ½ cup heavy cream (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 Tbsp Super Chunk Steakhouse Seasoning
- Mix flour and salt together, ensure the mixture is blended, smooth, and there are no lumps.
- Cube the butter, and add to the mixture along with the water. Blend mixture completely.
- Shape mixture into a disc, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once refrigerated, roll out dough on a floured surface until thin, about a ? of an inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Gently line baking dish with dough, trimming any excess dough from the edges.
- Line dough with parchment paper, fill with dry beans to weigh down the paper to fit the dough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Leave to cool and remove parchment paper and beans.
- Steam the broccoli, mushrooms, shallots, and garlic on low heat until softened.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, heavy cream, and Super Chunk Steakhouse Seasoning until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the dough, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
- Add half of the steamed veggies, and half of the goat cheese on top. It is highly recommended that everything is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the egg mixture has become firm, and the center is cooked through. If you are unsure, test with a toothpick.
- Add the other half of vegetables and goat cheese on top.