Jump to recipe
This recipe for Turkey is foolproof using our own Sauce Goddess Thanksgiving Roasting spice blend. Use this spice blend to season your turkey and for our dressing recipe.
Since this recipe was originally written, we created a Roasting Rub that is perfect to use with a bit of Steakhouse to roast your bird.
We like to use this pan as our go-to roasting pan (affiliate link) for a big piece of meat like this. I’ve fit a 23 lb turkey in it and had room to get the baster in there.
Cooking and serving sizes depend on the size of the turkey.
- 2 Tbsp Sauce Goddess Original Super Chunk
- 2 Tbsp Dry Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Dry Sage (rubbed)
- Grind this up in a food processor, primarily to grind up the rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prep the bird by removing all the "parts" from the inside. Make sure the cavity is completely clear in both the neck area and body.
- Sprinkle inside the bird with 1 tsp of the spice blend listed above. Carefully place rub under the skin of the breast and thigh area. This will give wonderful flavor once the bird begins to heat up.
- If you don't put stuffing in the bird you might try using sliced lemons or sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme along with smashed garlic cloves.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock into the roasting pan.
- Place the turkey on the roasting rack, breast side down. This will not produce a beautiful bird. It will, however, be the most MOIST breast meat you have ever had.
- Liberally butter the outside of the bird. Tent with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes per pound (1 hour for every 4 pounds). A 20 pound turkey will take at least 5 hours. Every oven is different, so be sure to test the temperature of the bird BEFORE it gets overdone, so 1 hour before the turkey is done, check the temperature. The best place to check the temperature by putting the thermometer into the thigh but be careful not to hit the bone. The bone will give a false temp. If it's already at 165-170 degrees, it's done. If the temperature is less than 165 degrees continue cooking.