A great tasting option to traditional gluten based corn pudding. What is corn pudding you might be asking… well it’s a gooier version of corn bread. With the spices and cheese no one will ever know you took the wheat out. Every time this gets made, it ‘s eaten so fast we don’t have time to take a picture.
This recipe is incredibly moist. You can add cheese or diced chili peppers if you want to add more flavor and heat.
The less time you bake it the more moist it will be. If you want it extra gooey, start checking it at 45 minutes. It should be releasing from the edges of the pan, barely springing back when you touch the middle and a toothpick will come out with a tiny coating of batter. Your oven times may vary though, so check it early rather than later.
- 10 Tbsp butter (softened) but not melted
- 2 each eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can cream style corn (Del Monte brand is gluten free)
- ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup gluten free corn meal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sauce Goddess BBQ Sweet Heat or Latin Heat spice rub
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add both cans of corn, the milk and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk or fork - flour, baking powder, sugar, corn meal, salt, black pepper, BBQ Sweet Heat or Latin Heat spice rub.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir lightly to combine. Do not over work the batter.
- Pour into a 9x9 greased glass or non-stick baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-55 minutes.