1) In a large bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. 2) Add chiles, cheese, corn and Latin Heat and combine well to distribute the dry ingredients and coat the wet ones. This will help everything be evenly mixed in the final pudding.
3) Wisk together the milk and corn starch.
4) Add oil, butter and eggs.
5) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
6) Pour into a greased 9x12 cake pan.
7) Cook for 45-50 minutes depending on how gooey you want it.
WAFFLES- OMIT 2 items noted in list above. No need to preheat the oven. Instead preheat your waffle maker. Follow steps 1-5. This recipe make six hearty 8” waffles.
The less time you bake it the more moist it will be. If you want it extra gooey, start checking it at 45 minutes. It should be releasing from the edges of the pan, barely springing back when you touch the middle and a toothpick will come out with a tiny coating of batter. Your oven times may vary though, so check it early rather than later.
Also, you can substitute the Hatch chilies with canned greed chilies, jalapenos, or any other spicy vegetable you prefer.
Copyright 2005-2020 Sauce Goddess. All Rights Reserved.