This shortbread cookie is great with any jam. The apricot goes great with the cardamom and cinnamon in the spices. It can easily be made with gluten free flour. Simply add one more egg yolk to the dough.
- Blend together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Blend in flour.
- Reserve 1/3 dough and refrigerate while you assemble the rest of the bars.
- Pat remaining dough onto a 9x13 un-greased cookie sheet.
- Mix Moroccan Twist spices with apricot jam. Spread mixture carefully over dough.
- Remove 1/3 dough from fridge. Crumble over the top of the jam.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- When cool cut into bars.