This recipe is really great for parties. It's a mild combination of sweet shrimp and smoked slightly salty bacon. The thin Sweet & Tangy marinade is a nice compliment.
- 6 strips of thin bacon (not center cut)
- 12 raw jumbo shrimp (21-25 size), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Sauce Goddess Sweet & Tangy Marinade and Mop sauce
- 12 toothpicks or skewers
- Soak toothpicks in water while you are prepping.
- Partially cook bacon until no longer raw. It should still be flexible enough to be wrapped around the shrimp.
- Remove bacon from pan while warm.
- Cut bacon in half to create 2 wide, short strips.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each shrimp and attach soaked toothpick to hold bacon in place.
- Preheat the grill on medium.
- Pour sauce into deep bowl that is wide enough to dunk the shrimp. I like to use a glass two cup measuring cup. Seems to be just the right size.
- Dunk each shrimp in sauce and place on the grill.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Dunk again and flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat the process until the shrimp is cooked and the bacon and sauce are a nice caramelized color.
This recipe is also great with our award winning Sweet & Spicy sauce.