The rich rib meat and peppery sauce goes great with a nice full California Zinfandel. This recipe works well smoked or in the slow cooker.
This recipe takes 2 days so plan ahead. In this recipe we use both a smoker and a slow cooker. If you want to use only one method, I prefer the slow cooker. The wine adds a nice richness.
- 3 lbs Beef Short Ribs
- 1 jar Big & Tangy Black Pepper sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- Place short ribs in a zip top bag with ½ jar of Big & Tangy sauce.
- Marinade for 24 hours or more.
- Get your smoker going (or you can use a smoker box on your grill).
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Place ribs into the smoker, or on the grill off the heat with the smoker box on the heat.
- Smoke for 2-3 hours to partially cook the meat.
- Remove from the smoker and place into your slow cooker.
- Add remaining sauce and red wine.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high until the meat in tender.
The marinade time is variable depending on your schedule, so it could take 30+ hours total time for this recipe.